CHEYENNE, WYOMING – May 1, 2019…The application for the 2019 Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship, is now available from the Zonta Club of Cheyenne through its website at https://www.cheyennezonta.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/JMKApplication.pdf The deadline for submitting the application and accompanying required documents is June 15, 2019.
The Club offers a $1,000 scholarship to a woman of any age, pursuing an accredited business or business-related program, who demonstrates outstanding potential in her field.
The recipient of the scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Must have graduated from a Laramie County high school or have obtained a GED while residing in Laramie County or be a current resident of Laramie County;
- Be undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university or college or institute;
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate program as at least a second year student, or in a Master’s program;
- Must still be attending school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed;
- Must submit the Zonta International verification of current enrollment form (not enrollment acceptance letters) with application materials;
- Have achieved an outstanding academic record during her academic studies, including business subjects; and
- Demonstrated initiative, ambition, and commitment to pursuing a career in business.
The recipient of the club’s award will be eligible for a district scholarship of $2,000, and if selected for the district scholarship, will also be eligible for one of six international scholarships of $8,000 each.
The application for the $1,000 Club scholarship along with instructions for submission may be found on the Zonta of Cheyenne website. The deadline for receipt of applications is June 15, 2019. The local award recipient will be selected no later than July 1, 2019.
Stay tuned for our Women in Technology Scholarship ($2,000) announcement this summer.