CHEYENNE, WYOMING – June 17, 2019…Applications for the 2019 Women in Technology Scholarship are now available from the Zonta Club of Cheyenne through our website www.cheyennezonta.org. Deadline is July 15, 2019.
The club offers a $2,000 awarded to women of any age, pursuing a technology degree or closely related program or who are pursuing continued advancement in technology. Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of US$8,000 each.
Women of any age, pursuing a technology degree or closely related program, who demonstrate outstanding potential in the field, are eligible to apply.
- Must have graduated from a Laramie County high school or have obtained a GED while residing in Laramie County or be a current resident of Laramie County. (If Not: Find a Club in Your Area at foundation.zonta.org and apply for their scholarship!)
- Verification of current enrollment by school/institute official (if applicable)
- Two confidential recommendations from a faculty member in the major field of study, academic advisor, organization supervisors or volunteer supervisors. (Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to write recommendation letters for applicants.) or
- An essay of 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and/or professional goals, the relevance of the program and how the Women in Technology Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals. (Essays exceeding 500 words will not be considered.)
- If applicable, list and include official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all universities, colleges or institutes attended with an explanation of the grading system for each transcript submitted.
- All non-English documents must be translated into English.
- Women not enrolled in a university are also eligible as long as they submit:
- Evidence of completed trainings and outstanding performance.
- Description of current job with information about path that led to that job.
- Employer confirmation and recommendation or client testimonial supported by evidence.
- Reason for applying and description of desired career.
- Evidence of educational project plan (e.g. proof of course opportunities).
- Classified members (club members and individuals with direct membership with Zonta International) and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation, and their family members (ancestors, descendants, adoptees, siblings, nieces or cousins, and those of their spouse or co-habiting partner), are not eligible to apply.
The recipient of the club’s award will be eligible for one of the 32 district scholarships of $2,000 each, and if selected for the district scholarship, will also be eligible for 6 international scholarship for $8,000 each. There is a potential of $11,000 in awards with just one application! The deadline for submitting an application is July 15, 2019.
The application for the $2,000 award along with instructions for submission may be found on the Zonta of Cheyenne website at www.cheyennezonta.org. The deadline for applications to be received is July 15, 2019. The local award recipient will be selected no later than August 1, 2019.